Ahso restaurant in Brambleton once again hosts this “Chopped” secret ingredient style competition where bartenders from around Northern Virginia are challenged to create a cocktail with ingredients revealed throughout the night.
The one-night competition takes place on Nov. 4 from 6-9 p.m. Admission is $65 per person and includes samples of each cocktail, as well as appetizers from Ahso. Proceeds from the evening will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Bartenders competing in the competition include:
- Jon Schott – The People’s Drug, Alexandria
- Nikki Drake – 2941 Restaurant, Falls Church
- Eric Bowers – Magnolia’s at the Mill, Purcellville
- Erin Robertson – Ahso Restaurant, Brambleton
- Alex Moreno – Circa at Clarendon, Clarendon
- Chris West – The Wine Kitchen, Leesburg
Judging the competition will be Michael Saccone of Thrashers Rum & Tiki TNT; Stefanie Gans, former dining editor and restaurant critic for Northern Virginia Magazine; and Scott Harris, founder of Catoctin Creek Distillery.
Phil Duong of Ahso Restaurant, last year’s winning bartender, will welcome everybody with a starter cocktail to launch the evening’s festivities.
To register, go to catoctincreekdistilling.com.