Spend this weekend in the country visiting Loudoun County farms. The twice-annual Loudoun Farm Tours attract thousands of visitors from across the country to the beautiful Loudoun Valleys, with views of the Blue Ridge and Short Hill mountains.
On Saturday, May 18 and SundayMay19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, visitors can enjoy free, self-guided driving tours to participating farms and craft beverage venues offering demonstrations, local produce and special programs. To participate in the tour, each farm provides an educational component for visitors.
Before hitting the road, download the tour guide at loudounfarms.org.
To make touring easier, the full list of farms has been broken into small, themed tours:
Community Supported Agriculture: Interested in buying a farm subscription? This tour will let you see where your weekly package of produce, meats or dairy originates;
- Hands-On Tour: Get your hands dirty with your choice of strawberry picking, bouquet arranging, crafting and planting;
- Horses and More Tour: Get the perfect selfie with horses, donkeys, alpacas and sheep;
- Little One’s Tour: All of our sites are family-friendly, but these farms put kids first;
- Look and See Tour: Drink in the views as you walk historic trails and tour innovative farms;
- Tastes of Loudoun Tour: Loudoun is on the menu as these farms fire up the grill or provide the ingredients to take home.