Happy March! The changing of the calendar doesn’t just mean we’re getting oh so close to spring, it also means it is First Friday in Leesburg. This evening there will be scores of live music performances, art activities and good dining options through out the downtown area.
Here’s the listing for this month:
- 6:30-9:30 Peter Lapp. Trungo’s is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs to include Bon Jovi, U2, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons and many more.
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Ukulele Music. Coldwell Banker is featuring vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing an array of contemporary tunes.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Laurie & Bill. SideBar is featuring acoustic guitarists, Laurie Blue and Bill Rose, playing an array of classic and modern rock songs.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Live Music. Bike TrAle Brewery is hosting live music with singer/songwriter, Sohil Adyanthaya, playing some pop and R&B tunes.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Free Chair Massages. The Leesburg Spa, a brand new massage salon right in the heart of downtown, is hosting an open house event with free chair massages.
Location: 10 S. King St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Cookbook Author. Very Virginia Shop is hosting local author, Melissa Burton and her healthy sugar free cookbook. Plus you can taste free samples of over 20 different flavors of Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Freaky Friday. Sona Bank is hosting the Loudoun Valley Drama Students, performing songs from their upcoming performance of the Disney musical, Freaky Friday.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Soft Rock Duo. Trinity House Café is hosting singer Kaylynn and Aidan on acoustic guitarist, playing some nice soft rock songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Frank, the Crooner. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Frank, “The Crooner” performs in the stylings of Sinatra, Martin, Bennett, Como and many other Crooners as he is dedicated to preserving the music of the great American Standards Songbook! Frank is available to perform at corporate and charitable events, as well as weddings throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station – 3rd floor.
- 6:30-8:30 Live Music. Shoes Cup and Cork is featuring guitarist, Marlon Mackey, playing a variety of music.
Location: 17 N. King St
- 5:30-8:30 Civil War Medical Demonstration. The Loudoun Museum is featuring living historian, Rick Etter, portraying a Civil War Medical Officer. He will have original and reproduction medical tools and medicines and will discuss the state of medicine during the Civil War along with the challenges faced by doctors in both armies.
Location: Museum’s Log Cabin (16 Loudoun St. SW)
- 6:00-9:00 New Shop. The District Hemp Boutique is hosting an open house to showcase their new location in downtown Leesburg. They are the first hemp-based CBD store in the area and have a wide array of hemp products with naturally occurring cannabinoids, ranging from oils to hemp-infused dog treat. Stop by to check out Leesburg’s new shop and enjoy some light refreshments.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 7:00-11:00 Dance Party. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting a dance party to jump start the weekend! Hosted by DJ, LK3MYRT, the night begins with line dancing class at 7pm. Then at 8::30, the dance floor opens up with a live DJ spinning your favorite music mix thru the night.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Ukulele. Coldwell Banker featuring vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing an array of contemporary tunes.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Jazz Piano. Casa Nostra, downtown newest Italian restaurant, is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. Art Sweet Art is hosting an art show with the Loudoun Sketch Club, which is part of their 75th anniversary as they are the oldest art organization in Loudoun County. There will also be wine tasting with the October One Vineyard and live music with the Cello Quartet from the Catoctin School of Music, along with Belgian Chocolates.
Location: 2B Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky, along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, photographs will be on display by their Artist of the Month, Bob Anderson.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 DJ ZBreezy. Bites Wine and Grilled Cheese Bar is hosting music from DJ ZBreezy, on their front porch with an extended happy hour!
Location: 105 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King’s Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it’s open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 The MCO Show. The Tryst Gallery is hosting an artist reception for their group exhibition MCO and showcasing the works of Penny Hauffe. She is their featured artist this month and will be speaking at 7 pm. There are over 40 local artists in this show, so stop by to see this cool exhibit and meet many of the artists Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Photography Show. Photoworks is featuring photographer, Lauren Hart who has a passion for art and the eye for composition. She is moving in her own direction using her camera to present a unique perspective of the world around her. Her love of nature, travel, and her curiosity often mesh and leads her to focus into her subjects, resulting in a more intimate and complex photograph.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Fine Gallery is hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 Artist Reception. Loudoun Street Studios welcomes new resident artists, Carol Buswell and Dominique Ann as they join Libby Stevens, a locally acclaimed artist. Please stop by and see the vibrant diverse artworks from local Loudoun County artists! Light refreshments served.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. #217 (upper level).
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60’s and 70’s. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Lou Lou Boutique is open late for First Friday with an array of new winter fashion and some lovely scarves to keep you warm and jewelry to make you dazzle.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things host monthly “meet the author” events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is to be announced.
Location: 13 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass. Also from 7-9pm, live music with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, performing acoustic guitar folk/rock covers.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House, showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. 27 South Interiors is hosting wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the world.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP’s, 45’s, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60’s Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45’s from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a “Chicago Happy Hour,” in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing their authentic Chicago style foods. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling half way across the country.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-7:00 Open House. Madisonbelle is hosting an open house with Bucks for Belles so some shoppers could possibly win $20 off their purchase. Also showcasing their latest fashions and jewelry along with some great winter accessories, so you can stay warm.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Yum! Gruto’s Ice Cream Shop is featuring their yummy soft serve ice cream, which they make locally with love. Stop by to see how this little parlor is all about having a good time while enjoying delicious and affordable ice cream!
Location: 107 S, King St.